Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter


In this winter wonderland,
I am trying to withstand
The evil forces working against me.
Trying to just be
Me without having to conform
Is how I will weather the storm.
The internal pressures to perform
Have often consumed me,
But only because I didn’t want to disappoint thee.
You say the fire is not always there,
But I declare
That you need not beware
For there is something in the air
Whether or not it always seems to be there.
An important decision lies ahead
And every time I go to bed
I pray to God for this shred
Of hope.
I had been on such a slippery slope
And it amazes me still
To think I could find any hope until
You came along.
Stay strong
And just sit back and listen to those beautiful songs.
As the day of the savior’s birth nears,
The sign of celebration and cheer appears.
Gifts of thanksgiving and joy
Come in the form of a new toy.
What I want for Christmas can’t be bought in a store,
Or wrapped in wrapping paper.
What I adore
Is much greater.
On just a hope and a prayer,
I wish you would see in me
What I see in thee.
Sleep well my rose
And enjoy this bit of poetic prose
For my love has chose
And of this I do compose.

No comments:

Post a Comment