Monday, December 20, 2010

A Clearing

I came to path in a dark valley,
And it was narrow like a cold alley.
Musty and dusty,
I made my way down this road.
My heavy burdens continually slowed
My treacherous march.

Rising overhead like a Roman arch
Brush made way for a clear path.
Mislead by some devil’s wrath,
I continued hopelessly down this poisonous path.

Finally one day I came to clearing,
And the closer I came nearing,
I started to have this feeling.
A light came appearing,
And its presence alone was healing.

A new path appeared,
But looking at it I feared.
Rocks and stones
Where cast amongst this resting place of bones.
With so many unknowns,
I stopped to rest on my decision.

After my slumber I looked down my
Current path, and had a vision
And saw I would be lucky to scrape by.
Turning to this new route
I still had my doubt
With what I was about
To get into.

But without any clue,
I charged forward,
Into the great unknown.
Knowing it would not be straightforward
I tried not to fear what was not shown.

I am not alone,
But the future’s uncertainty
Has left me prone
To assumed distant certainty.

Love knows no time my dear,
So displace that fear,
Because I am here,
No matter how unclear,
This all may seem.

I once came to a clearing
And the closer I came nearing,
I started to have this feeling.
I chose wisely that day,
And even though I pay
For choices I made,
Some time ago.

I can now say I am not dismayed
For I have I suffered enough to know,
I was meant to find you
And love you through and through.

I once came to a clearing
And the closer I came nearing,
I started to have this feeling.
And I can say I am thankful for that day,
And to God I pray,
To never again let me go down that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment