Sunday, December 12, 2010

Football Game


I see you standing there,
Happy and enjoying life without a care.
After a long week,
It appears as though you have found sweet relief.
My outlook on life has been bleak,
And thoughts of hope are marred by disbelief.
After the few minutes I actually get to talk to you,
I am left with trying to subdue
My thoughts of failure and shame.
I try not to complain,
I try not to go insane.
I try so hard not be a pain.
I know I am not anywhere near the main
Importance in your life so I maintain
My restrain
To venture into your school domain.
My love will never wane
And I would follow you to Spain
If I had to.
You just look so at peace with your friends
And it seems as though they provide something I can never give.
No matter how hard I spend,
I always seem to relive,
Moments of pain and sadness.
In all this madness,
You saw past all the badness,
And gave me a second chance.
I can’t dance,
And I am new to romance.
I wait by the phone every morning
Hoping you will call.
I love to hear your voice say good morning,
And when you apologize for nothing at all.
Waiting is my new occupation
And I hope my day of liberation
Comes soon.
So for now I will just have to sit and look at the moon,
And tell you I love you and hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment