Thursday, December 2, 2010

Garden

why do I love thee so?
more than the world shall ever know.
my fear and doubt plague me more so,
than the world needs to know.
to see you in full bloom,
is to witness perfection.
I may be trapped in this room,
but I always feel your affection.
a heart of gold and kind eyes,
you embrace me with your radiance.
even though I was addicted to highs,
you always showed me compassion and patience.
I may have been pathetic and lonely,
but somehow I found such a rose as rare as you.
I may not have always acted so boldly,
just know that I didnt want to hurt you.
I love you,
and I want the world to know.
so let these words be true,
and let our garden grow.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing poetry Andrew, this is a classic poem of adoration and love with a great twist that is very original - "let our garden grow" is a great line to end the poem on, as it leaves room for the unknown future, and since it ends on a high note, the reader feels that joy in the line itself and those emotions carry through even a few minutes after reading the poem - even though this is like my 2nd time reading it (sorry I didnt have the time to reallly read it and get into it earlier today)I still felt the same joy I felt the first time I read it. This poem does exactly what many poems only dare to do - evoke true emotion. Great work man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could read your writing all day long. It's just so real.

    ReplyDelete