Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Love


Is this love that I'm feelin,
Because baby I need some spiritual healin.
After all this reelin,
There ain't no way I'm dealin
With any concealin.
My back is against the wall,
And I am afraid to fall
Back into the bottomless pit.
I must admit,
Sometimes I feel like I am waiting in vain,
And my brain
Suffers from immense pain.
But then I make way
For the positive day.
Three little birds
Sing such beautiful words
Of hope and wisdom.
A buffalo soldier I had become,
Longing to be back where I was from.
So turn your lights down low
And let me tell you what I know.
I want to love you and treat you right,
Every day and every night.
When you hold me tight,
You make me feel alright.
You satisfy my soul
And fill the vacant hole
In my heart.
I got one love
And it’s been yours from the start.
So let go
And let love show
What few know.

1 comment: