Monday, December 27, 2010

About a Boy


The poison within my soul
Courses through my veins.
Day upon day
I work to heal the scares left behind
By such a wretched parasite.
Oh what troubles lie about
Like the bones of wicked men,
Scattered across the barren lands
Set against the futile winds of fate.
A quarrel with the world I possess
And I shall carry it until my day of rest.
Of much pain I can attest
And love’s embrace hath rendered
What little hope to carry my
Spirit from one day to the
Next, but no more and no less.
The double-edged sword deals
A heavy blow for each
Joy with which my heart sings.
A new dawn awaits what
Light yet remains.
I shall whisper not of things to come
For the stars have often silenced
Men of modest speech.
What fortune lies ahead I wonder,
What pleasures shall such a life bring?
The only thing left to do is live,
And to allow my feeble prayers
To bear fruit or to be cast,
Aimlessly, into the night breeze
Where deaf ears place such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment