Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vicious Cycle


I am so exhausted, yet my brain continues to run in circles, which provides me with enough energy to still be awake.  Sleep is apparently only for the happy and the dead.  I wish I could say the last time I had a decent nights sleep but it has been far too long ago for me to recall.  Lately I have still felt alone even though I am closer with more than I ever have been in my life.  It is as though happiness is being dangled in front of my nose, but I am not able to grab it.  The more I try the worse it seems to get.  Uncertainty and indecision torture me until I have no more strength to stand.  I have no energy anymore and few things actually make sense.  Does anyone really want me?  Does she even love me?  I fear the worst and nothing can comfort me.  The more and more positive news I hear the worse and worse I feel.  What would cheer anyone else up only adds more fuel to the already rampant fire.  You say I’m good enough yet there is always a but.  The youthful vigor, which coursed through my veins, has been replaced by poisonous doubt.  I see anything positive as twofaced or I have to break it down until there is nothing good about it anymore.  Analyzing and re-analyzing have become my daily tasks.   The famine created by my mind has decimated the fruits of happiness.  I am trapped behind the cold steel of isolation and my only comfort is the row of iron bars, which say nothing more than hello and goodnight.  Looking out my cell window, I see way off in the distance my Spanish rose.  Oh how I miss her so.  She is in bloom this time of year and I want to be there to pick her so she can always be with me.  I cherish everything about that rose.  With every winter storm and summer drought she still stands as vibrant as ever.  There is no other rose like it and I only want her.  I have walked many miles, but I am willing to go to the ends of the earth if that’s what it takes to have this rose.  Until that day I shall be enslaved to fear and doubt; until then I will not be free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment