Tuesday, December 7, 2010

End of the Day


Standing there in the doorway,
After such a long day
You still look so beautiful
Even after just coming back from the courtroom fray.
Legally you may be a juvenile,
But you will always be a woman to me.
I smile with such glee
At thee,
For no words can describe how lucky it is to be
Me.
Maybe I am just gutsy
Or maybe the stars have finally aligned for me.
I am just a poor boy
Trying to employ
My heart’s joy.
Stunning and sweatpants don’t always mix,
But in your case they transfix
Me upon your true beauty.
I feel it is my duty
To express what perfection
I see.  I try so hard for your love and affection
And time does foster such connection.
Sleep well my dear
And do not fear
The hour to rise may be near
And the future also unclear.
Just know I will always be here
To whisper sweet nothings into your ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment