Sunday, November 28, 2010

VIII


            Have you ever just stopped and watched birds fly?  I mean to think of soaring above all things and having the freedom of space to travel on.  With the wind at your back going anywhere is possible.  Time has no hand in your life.  When I see these creatures I feel envious.  I live in a world shackled by time and limits.  Time was created years ago to keep people from being truly free.  I wish I could cut myself from the noose, which is strangling the life from me.  Dangling there I can only gasp for the last breathes of air before all the life is sucked from me.  Then it is too late and I will become controlled by the evil forces of blandness and complacency.  We are all doomed to this fate; unfortunately not many see this.  The few that do tragically fall and are dragged away like everyone else to be laid low.  The irony of life is that we all end up six feet below; some just have nicer tombstones.  Society distracts us from these realities and baits us along to believe that materialistic and capitalistic ideals are the fruits of life’s bountiful harvest.  Yet these are the fibers that compose the very rope with which we meet our demise.  Our gifts and talents should be the leading catalysts in our lives and yet they are often set aside because they are seen as burdens to wealth.  Even when our talents are not set aside they are exploited like innocent immigrants in order to make the most profit.  I want to be free of this fate; I want to run wild and free across the land.  I want my home to be anywhere and nowhere.  I want to forget my name and my age.  Along this journey I want to live.  The only hope I have in this life is for this.  One day I may leave and never come back.  Mourn not my dear friend for that shall be my day of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment