Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Monitored


When shall this living nightmare come to an end?  My fears about being here are starting to come true.  Like a newborn child I am kept within visibility and earshot at all times.  The only time I am alone is at night and even then they are sleeping so close to me.  My every step and breathe throughout the day is recorded and analyzed.  I want to run away and be free again.  I am a caged bird that yearns to spread its wings and never return to this house of imprisonment.  I am dying slowly while I am here and I am losing time.  Soon I shall be a walking skeleton and nothing more.  I want to be able to feel love and happiness, but I can’t here.  Will I ever find such a person if I leave here?  So many people miss me and I share their feelings, but there is nothing I can do and I feel so hopeless because of it.  Why does it hurt so much to be happy?  Why does it hurt so much to try to love?  The only life I see right now is me, this pen, this paper, and a bottle of rum.  I have failed my parents, family, and friends.  I have failed everyone who ever had faith in me that I was a quality person.  Each and every day I have tried so hard to be the best I could be, but I have fallen so short of that now.  Who wants to love an alcoholic?  What potential does a pothead have?  I am the scum of the earth.  The faith that I kept so close to my heart for eighteen years has crumbled away like an eroded rock and has since been replaced by the closest thing to religion, Bob Marley.  I don’t know what to believe anymore or say or do.  What does this crazy world want from me?  What purpose am I suppose to serve?  I am losing the only sane part of my mind left.  I hope I can leave this place soon; I hope I find a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment