Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lost Soul


I call myself a lost soul, but what does that really mean?  Through the course of recent events I believe that I have a better understand of what the means.  You see, I don’t really feel like I fit in, that is to say I don’t feel like I have a crowd.  I feel a need to fit in sometimes, like most people I believe, but ultimately I feel unsatisfied.  Why is that, why can’t I just be “normal”?  The problem is that normal doesn’t exist and those that fall under such a category are living a lie.  People who conform and fall under such normality are losing themselves, losing what is uniquely theirs.  Being an individual is tough and having to deal with going against the grain of what is considered mainstream can be down right depressing.  An individual may makes decisions that seem conforming to the sold out, but in reality they are conscious decisions based on thought rather than being cool or trying to fit in.  I now realize that being lost means that I am a deep thinker and am closer to knowing myself rather than conformist.  In times like these I am grateful for my friends who uphold this ideal because an individual needs like-minded people around him or her.  Forming such a bond transcends what society wants us to believe today.  The world isn’t perfect and we, in democratic society, are not truly free, but I at least know that as well as my brothers and sisters.  So I may cause many people to be angry or upset, but I am just being me and you should just be you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment